|Date||July 3rd through 28th, 2017 (Check-in date: July 2nd)|
|Location||Jeju National University / Kakao Space.1|
|Organizers||TensorFlow Korea User Group, Kakao, Google, Smart Grid CK Center in Jeju National Univ, Jeju Center for Creative Economy and Innovation, Jeju Local Government (Subject to change)|
|Application||The application for ML Camp Jeju 2017 is now closed.|
|Contacts||Please leave your comments/questions on issues
(https://github.com/TensorFlowKR/MLJejuCamp/issues) in this page.
- Full month of hands-on experience training deep learning models with TensorFlow and mentorship from top developers
- Round-trip airfare to Jeju Island (up to $300 USD)
- Accommodation in Kakao Space, Jeju
- Stipend: 1,000 USD (can be used for the airfare, etc.)
- Google Cloud Credit ($500~1000 TBD)
- No nationality, gender, age, degree, education requirements
- Must be able to stay in Jeju Island from July 3rd to 28th. (Weekday camp programs run from 10AM to 5PM)
- Good understanding of TensorFlow and deep learning and ability to train models (should be able to understand all in https://github.com/hunkim/DeepLearningZeroToAll
- Being able to release the code wirtten during the camp publicly on github
- Basic communication skills in English (All programs will be in English)
- Detailed proposal for Deep Learning Camp Jeju 2017 project (Please be as detailed as possible)
- CV that showcases applicant’s experience with deep learning and TensorFlow
- Previously implemented models (GitHub or other)
- Other supporting materials to show your qualification
- Application link: The application for ML Camp Jeju 2017 is now closed.
- “I will implement paper X from 2016 NIPS Conference using TensorFlow and apply idea Y to the implementation”
- “My goal is to add idea X to existing TensorFlow model Y and apply it to dataset Z” (Please justify why you are interested in the particular paper, model, dataset, etc. Write your proposal as detailed as possible as it will be the primary criteria to select participants.)
Basic Tasks (but not limited to)
- Each participant will implement own deep learning related ideas and recently published ideas (in ICML, ICLR, NIPS, etc.) in TensorFlow. Or adapt already implemented ideas to new dataset. Participants will propose in the application.
- Participate in camp program. (10AM-5PM on weekday basis from July 1 to July 30)
- Deep learning and TensorFlow expert mentors will advise each participant.
- Release the code on the github as Open Source.
participants may be dismissed from the camp for the following or similar reasons
- Repeatedly engage in behavior that negatively impacts other participants' work
- Spend unreasonable amount of time on non-camp related tasks.
- More than 3 missed camp days without proper notice.
- Application due: April 20 (AOE time zone)
- Notification: May 10
- Mentor assignment and online discussion: June 1
- Camp starts: July 3
Located just off the coast of the Korean peninsula, Jeju Island is the largest volcanic island in Korea. Also known as Asia's Hawaii, the island is rife with beautiful sceneries and getaway resorts. Jeju boasts several natural treasures including Mount Halla, the country's highest peak, Trail Olle that winds around the rocky coastline, and Sunrise Peak, a dormant volcano ideal for catching sunrises and sunsets. You will be able to fully experience the island's charm for as long as a month without a visa. For more information, please visit at: http://www.visitjeju.net/en/index.jto.
Deep Learning Camp Jeju 2017 is a month-long program (July 3-28, 2017) where participants gain hands-on experience with TensorFlow through individual-based projects with the goal of implementing new deep learning related ideas, and/or already-published ideas. We are looking for approximately 20 participants. More than a dozen industry experts with strong backgrounds in deep learning and TensorFlow implementation will serve as project mentors to guide participants.
- Joseph Lim Team Joseph Lim is an assistant professor of computer science at the University of Southern California (USC). Previ... Name
- Jeff Dean Team Jeff joined Google in 1999 and is currently a Google Senior Fellow in Google's Research Group, where he le... Name
- Yerim Choi Team Yerim Choi is currently an assistant professor of Industrial and Management Engineering at Kyonggi University.... Name
- KyungHyun Cho Team Kyunghyun Cho is an assistant professor of computer science and data science at New York University. He was a ... Name